Blackjack is by far the most played tabled game in the casinos of Las Vegas and beyond. The game, originating in France, has been around for hundreds of years and offers a low house edge, which skilled players can turn to their advantage.
It’s little wonder, therefore, that the popularity of the game crossed over into the online world when technology allowed us to play on the internet at home, and more lately on our mobile phones.
Now, the online version of blackjack has taken another giant leap forward with the advent of live casino action online. From the comfort of your own home, you can log in, see a real, live blackjack table with a dealer dealing the cards and controlling the action. You, meanwhile, can make bets from your online account, and dictate your moves, such as stand, hit, double down or split.
The action is so like attending a real casino that it’s a wonder anybody goes there anymore!
So, what were the best places to offer live blackjack apps in 2018? To find out more, keep reading or look at one of the bespoke information sites like liveblackjack.org.uk.
What do you need from your live blackjack app?
Before looking for the best apps, you need to understand what makes them good in the first place. Only then can you evaluate one over the other. Here are the key features every good live blackjack app should have:
- App quality. If you’re used to playing the lavish desktop version of a casino platform, you hope the switch to mobile will be seamless. It should be stable with short loading time.
- Intuitive game interface. The visuals and gameplay should be simple and exciting, while access to customer support and account information should be easy to find.
- Game selection. You want an app that has a wide range of game selection regarding betting limits and game variant. This ensures you play what you want to play, at a level that you’re comfortable with.
- Bonus offers. Good online casinos offer some bonus action, so study first deposit options or bonus formats that reward your loyal gameplay.
- Payment options. Bigger sites offer more options for making your deposits, and for faster payouts. There’s nothing more frustrating than enjoying a hot streak at the tables and then having to wait to receive your winnings.
- Security. Your live blackjack app should be secure. All the big sites are licensed, so you know the games are legal and fair, plus you have an independent body to complain to, in the unlikely event you have a problem.
Armed with the above knowledge, here are some of the best live blackjack apps of 2018.
One of the best-known British bookies offers a super casino set-up with a refreshing selection of live blackjack games. The mobile version is slick and easy to use, and there’s a welcome bonus worth around £70, which you’ll have to play through.
There’s a reasonable game selection with plenty of staking options, and with average app store reviews of 4.4, you can be sure other players have enjoyed the experience.
Ladbrokes, another old high street favourite, has a live casino app with even better ratings than BetVictor – five stars, no less! The app boasts 60 exclusive live dealers across blackjack, roulette and baccarat games.
A cool novelty is being able to “pin” your favourite dealer. If you’re superstitious and enjoy playing with someone, in particular, this is an excellent innovation.
The app is well designed and fast – perfectly acceptable even if you’re somehow on a 3G mobile reception. And the studio “set design” is immersive.
The world’s biggest and best online poker platform, PokerStars has now produced one of the largest and slickest online casinos. The business’ discerning customers have taken the casino games to heart, trusting the operator, which is fully licensed across multiple territories, including the UK and the Isle of Man.
All of its design, customer service and technical experience has allowed PokerStars to build a top-notch casino with an excellent live dealer offering.
The blackjack tables are super easy to play on, and the delivery is exceptional via the app. Customers can switch between casino and poker play at the touch of a button, making this an excellent choice for many who appreciate the convenience of having money on just one account.
Another trusted name in gaming, 888 Casino offers plenty of live dealer action. The app does not get a rating as high as some of its competitors, but it has recently undergone extensive performance and stability improvements.
The Live Casino lounge claims it has “the most charming dealers under the sun”, although in fairness the dealers across all these platforms are super professional. Some might appear more friendly than others, but you get great service, and they keep the pace of the game moving along nicely.
As you’d expect with 888, you get a wide range of games to play, including many blackjack stake levels. And, if you want to try something else, there’s a huge selection of slots.
Give live blackjack a try
There are other decent live blackjack apps you can try. You can download all of them for free and, if you haven’t already, it’s easy to create and register your account.
All the big sites have swift payment options, so make sure you get whatever bonus you’re entitled to when you make your first deposit.
Enjoy the tables!